DNA Testing For Father and Child Only (Motherless)

DNA Testing For Father and Child Only (Motherless)

paternity test services

Are you in need of fast accurate and affordable DNA Paternity Testing services specifically for an alleged father and child? If so, today we will address the most important questions you should know regarding motherless paternity tests.

If an alleged father decides or, is considering the idea of performing a paternity test. The one thing the alleged father should consider is his current relationship with the mother of the child. Will the mother be receptive to you questioning paternity? If so, then the process will much easier. If not, there are somethings alleged fathers must not if they want to know about DNA test result usage.

Is it illegal to do a DNA test without consent

As we currently understand it, there is no specific law that prevents a person from performing DNA test without consent for informational purposes.If you need the DNA test result for legal purposes such as for court or a birth certificate name change. Consent for minor children will be required.

For example, if the alleged father is not married to the mother and his name is not on the legal DNA test. The alleged father of the child will have to request consent from the mother or legal guardian of the child. Failure to get consent from the mother your DNA test result will most like be denied in court and the Judge or Magistrate may order the alleged father to perform another DNA test.

It is also important to note that there are times where the alleged father’s names are on the birth certificate and they perform a legal DNA test to be presented in court as evidence without the mother’s knowledge. Please keep in mind the mother’s representation may request a re-test because the mother was unaware of the DNA test which leaves room in her mind that the DNA test you performed may not be legit. So there is a good chance you may have to perform another DNA test.

Finally, you should keep in mind that each state operates differently. It is important that understand your state laws regarding paternity. If for any reason you are unclear about this process contact an attorney in your state or, child services to gain clarity about paternity establishment laws.

arguing couple

How to get a DNA test when a mother refuses?

If a mother refuses to perform a DNA test. The option a non-custodial alleged father has is to file a petition with the court. Any other method of acquiring the child’s DNA sample will not be accepted by a court. If the court accepts your petition. A court order will be mailed out to the mother. If the mother fails to respond to the court order. She may be held in contempt of court and fined.

Please contact a legal representative in your state in order to learn more about filing a paternity petition.

Getting Started

If you are need of a legal DNA test. IDTO can help you with the process. Below are a list and questions answered about getting started.

1. Contact our office at 877-680-5800

2. An appointment will be coordinated by one of DNA testing consultants.

3. What do you need to bring to a legal DNA test? State I.D., Birth Certificate

How long will my DNA results take?

Turnaround time for results is 2-3 business days from the date in which the DNA Lab receives all samples.

How will receive my results?

Results are mailed out to your home, office or anywhere you deem private.

Scroll Up